Welcome to our third year of summer school together. We’re very excited to continue your children’s learning over our 6 week program. As you will see, we have lots of great things planned.
Summer School Contact Information: For logistical reasons we will be using a different main phone number for the summer school program. The phone associated with this number is in Mr. Wridt’s classroom. This main number is the number that should be called when you need to communicate attendance OR have any other questions, comments, or concerns about day to day operations. All teachers can be reached by calling the main school phone number. Additional contact information is provided below.
MAIN School Summer Phone Number: 715-261-0738
Mr. Wridt’s (4-6 Teacher) Contact info:
Cell Phone Number: 414-429-7307
(please use on days when we are away from the school building)
Ms. Konsella’s (KG-1 Teacher) Contact Info:
Ms. Robin's (KG-1 Teacher) Contact Info:
Mrs. Bailey’s (2-3 Teacher) Contact Info:
Mr. Patten's (Floating between 2-3rd and 4-6th grade) Contact Info:
Attendance: Attendance is taken every day. It is important that we are aware when your child will not be in school for any part of the day. Please contact the school to communicate this information using the main phone number.
Daily Schedule: Our approach to summer school will be very similar to how we run our normal school day only in a condensed format. The general schedule will be as follows:
8:00 - 8:15: Morning arrival / recess
8:15 - 10:15: Work Time
10:15 - 10:45: Recess - Tend our Garden
10:45 - 12:15: Themed Activity
12:15 - 12:45: Lunch
12:45 - 1:00: Dismissal
- Arrival and Dismissal will be on the south side of Horace Mann at the Montessori School Entrance. We will have staff on the play ground during drop off and dismissal to monitor students.
- If your child is taking a transfer bus to an afternoon school program please contact Mr. Wridt (email@example.com) and let him know which school/bus they need to be on. We will ensure they are on this bus.
Snacks: As a reminder, snacks must be provided by parents. Snack time will occur between 8:15 – 10:15.
New This Year:
Every student has the option to participate in breakfast and lunch at no cost. We are excited to offer this opportunity for all. Breakfast and lunch times are as follows.
Breakfast: 8:00 – 8:20
Lunch: 12:15 – 12:45
**To participate in breakfast you must be to school no later than 8:05am.
Themed Activities Weekly Schedule: Each week of summer school will have a general theme associated with it. The going outs and other activities that we work on will also be associated with these themes. The document below outlines our summer school schedule.
2016 Summer School Plans
Notes on this schedule:
- All events except those where parent pick up is at a specific location other than school will be concluded so that students are back at school for regular pick up.
- Students will have the opportunity to eat their snack and lunches on all outings.
- For those days when we have parent pick up at a location other than school we will work with parents who have students who are taking a transfer bus to ensure they get to their afternoon school.
- Parents are welcomed on any of our outings. Please contact your child’s teacher if you are interested in joining us.
Summer School Supply Lists:
All Students – Sunscreen, bug spray, water bottle or cup, full extra set of summer clothes in a Ziploc bag, pair of tennis shoes, towel
KG-1 Classroom – Nothing additional other than the items required for all students.
2-3 Classroom - Current Students – You will use all of your current work folders for summer school. Please don’t take anything home on the last day of school. New Students – Please bring 2 folders that have the ability to hold loose leaf paper in the middle.
4-6 Classroom - Current Students – You will use all of your current work folders for summer school. Please don’t take anything home on the last day of school. New Students – Please bring 2 folders that have the ability to hold loose leaf paper in the middle.
We look forward to working with you and your children this summer.
Mr. Wridt, Ms. Konsella, Mrs. Bailey, Ms. Scherr & Mr. Patten